GF Recipes

(Top Ten) Recipes from Last Week

14 Comments 04 January 2011

Aubree Cherie is a fellow blogger at Living Free who posts her top ten favorite recipes of the week every Tuesday.  Her blog focuses on gluten, dairy, and sugar-free living, so I can always find safe and delicious recipes on Aubree’s site.

I first learned about Aubree when she chose one of my recipes for her top ten list.  And let me tell you, I was overjoyed!  I still remember running up to the Husband after checking my iPhone at a party and saying, “I can’t believe it!  A real blogger chose one of my recipes for her top ten of the week!  I have a real reader!” (Real meaning not a friend or family member who’s required to read my posts!)

I love reading Aubree’s Top Ten list every week because there’s such a great variety, I find recipes that I might have otherwise missed, and I find new blogs to learn from.  While Aubree has been out of town she has asked several of us to host a Top Ten Tuesday, and I’m thrilled to do that for her this week.

After a month of holiday celebrations, indulgences, and goodies galore, we all need a little boost to start this New Year off on the right foot.  So I’ve decided to focus this Top Ten list on wholesome, delicious recipes that will encourage and inspire us to give 2011 a fresh and healthy beginning.  And since many bloggers are posting their top ten recipes of 2010, I’ve had a lot to choose from!  (I’ve also linked to their top ten post just in case you’d like to see all of their choices.)

Enjoy!

My Fav (Top Ten) Recipes from Last Week (12/28 – 1/3)

Blanched Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Green Apple Dressing
(Tom and Ali from The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen)

African Sweet Potato Stew
(Ricki from Diet, Dessert and Dogs)

Lentil Pepper Salad
Alea’s Favorite Salads
(Alea from My Real Food Life)

Quinoa Taco Salad
Karina’s Top Ten
(Karina at Gluten-Free Goddess)

Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chicken Chipotle Tortilla Soup Recipe
Kim at Cook It Allergy Free

Masala-Spiced Adzuki Beans and Rice
Alta’s Top Tasty Eats in 2010
(Alta from Tasty Eats at Home)

Crock Pot Slow Roasted Shredded Chicken Tacos
Stephanie’s Top Ten Recipes of TEN (2010)
(Stephanie from Hope for Healing)

Kale Cranberry Smoothie
(Wendy from Celiacs in the House)

Sweet Nectarine Salsa
(Aubree from Living Free)

Spicy Swiss Chard and Veggie Stew
My Top Ten Recipes of 2010
(Heather from Gluten-Free Cat)

Have a happy, healthy, delicious start to your new year!  And check back next week for another fabulous Top Ten Tuesday hosted by Hallie from Daily Bites.

1. Ricki says:

A great roundup! I’m particularly into smoothies this week, so look forward to that one. And your chard/veggie stew sounds great for a warming winter meal! :)

2. Heather says:

Me too! I’ve been making kale, spinach, or swiss chard smoothies all week. They taste so clean and pure after all of the Christmas goodies. Can’t wait to try your stew. It sounded like something I’d like to eat in front of the fire place. Mmmm, healthy comfort.

3. Heather!!! Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m still grinning that you consider me a ‘real’ blogger! You seriously made my day! Thanks again for hosting this week, it looks like you had a lot of fun! And I’m so pleased to have made your list :)

Best, ~Aubree Cherie

4. Heather-What a great bunch of bloggers and their recipes. I’m just tickled that you included me. I’m with you, I still get a kick out of real bloggers commenting on my blog, picking me for their top 10 favorites or linking to my blog. Thanks!

5. Hi Heather–Wonderful roundup! I’ve seen some of these, but not all, in my blog reading so thanks. I’m always ready to read another great blog. ;-) Look forward to checking yours out!

6. Alta says:

Honored that you included my beans and rice! It’s actually on the menu for this next week. It’s a wonderful, guilt-free comfort food.

This is actually on the menu for today! It’a a cold snowy day here, and it just sounds so good. I’ve never purchased garam masala before, so I’m hoping it’s at Whole Foods.

STOP what you are doing and make the Masala-Spiced Adzuki Beans and Rice! We had it for lunch today and are both in taste heaven! I doubled the beans and butternut squash, and it was still incredibly flavorful. Thanks, Alta!

7. cheryl says:

Thanks for the round up! Many were ones I haven’t seen before.

8. amsuka says:

Hi Heather
    Thanks for your comment (on my cracker recipe!) on my humble blog- how else would I have known I had made Aubree’s top ten list! Made my day. Love your site, and will be back to visit often!
    Cheers,
    Amsuka

1. My Adzuki Bean Phase | Gluten-Free Cat - 23. Mar, 2011

[...] heard of adzuki beans until I found Alta’s Masala-Spiced Adzuki Beans and Brown Rice recipe when I hosted Aubree Cherie’s Top Ten Tuesday.  I just love learning from the incredible food bloggers out [...]