April was an inspirational month, and I’ve had several inspirations for today’s lunch recipe. Thank you, Brittany of Real Sustenance for creating April in the Raw. (It was so amazing to meet Brittany in person this weekend! If you’re wowed by her recipes, just wait for her cookbook!) April in the Raw was an incredible adventure filled with flavor, color, new foods, and nutrient-rich recipes! Thank you, Robyn Boyd, author of Rawsome Recipes, for introducing me to nut pates, which is the base for today’s wraps. And thank you, Valerie of City Life Eats for taking me out of my lunch ruts and reminding me that chard leaves are durable and delicious enough to be used as wraps.
When I discovered this incredible combination, I finally realized that raw didn’t have to be such a struggle. This lunch wasn’t just delicious and satisfying. It was incredibly easy to make. All it took was a quick whirling of cashews and sunflower seeds in the food processor mixed with several of my favorite spices, and a quick washing and slicing of a few veggies and a mango, and an inspired lunch was ready for the next three days.
A feast for the eyes and the palate.
Raw Curried Cashew Chard Wraps
- 1 c. raw cashews
- 1c. raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. tumeric
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 mango (1/2 sliced thinly and 1/2 chopped)
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. water (or more to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 cucumber
- 6-8 Swiss chard leaves
1. Place cashews and sunflower seeds in a food processor and chop until chunky.
2. Add spices, lemon juice, water, and half of the mango roughly chopped.
3. Puree until desired texture is achieved. If it’s too thick, add more water.
4. Place swiss chard leaves on a flat surface and spread with curried cashew pate.
5. Layer with sliced cucumbers and thinly sliced mango.
Makes 6-8 wraps
What are your favorite wraps?
This recipe is linked to:
- Seasonal Sundays hosted by Brittany of Real Sustenance
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Weekly hosted by Diane of The Whole Gang
- Friday Foodie Fix hosted by Diane of The Whole Gang