GF Resources

Super Cool People You Need to Know

22 Comments 10 May 2011

Super Cool People You Need to Know

Last week I attended the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo in Chicago.  It was an incredible event where I learned about new products, cooking and baking techniques, and got to meet some amazing people.  I have a lot to share, but today I want to share about the really cool people I met.  Why?  Because if you aren’t already benefitting from their products, blogs, stories, or books, you need to start today!

Kim of Cook It Allergy Free

Kim has a great blog as well as an app that you can download which contains recipes that you can customize to meet your specific food allergies.

Brittany of Real Sustenance

Brittany has a beautiful blog with fresh, delicious recipes that are gluten and dairy-free.  She also hosts Seasonal Sundays where you can find a wealth of recipes based on seasonal ingredients.  I was so excited to meet Brittany and to turn an on-line friendship into a face-to-face friendship.  She is a doll!

Carol of Simply…Gluten-Free

Not only does Carol have a gorgeous blog that provides me with delicious dinner ideas, but she has a new book called Simply…Gluten-Free Desserts that you must get your hands on.  Just the cover shot takes my breath away.  I loved meeting Carol in person and to immediate realize that this Gluten-Free Rock Star is just as amazing in person as she is on her blog.  It just makes me love her even more!

Maggie of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery

How fun to meet someone that you’ve emailed about something as exciting as the BEST gluten-free bread on the market?

Maggie hooked me up with Rudi’s gluten-free bread last year which is why I could make this!

I’ve entered it in Rudi’s Unbelievably Good Gluten-Free Recipe Contest.  Please check out the delicious entries and vote here for your favorite by June 6th!

Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free

Amy has a wonderful blog and has just published her first book!  She also hosts Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.  I was giddy about meeting her!

Pamela of Pamela’s Products

Need a go-to all-purpose gluten-free baking mix?  Bread mixes?  Muffins?  Cookies?  Scones?

You name it, Pamela has created it, and you can find her products everywhere!

Hallie of Daily Bites

I did my first adoption post on Hallie because of her delicious wholesome recipes.  Just look at these delicious skillet dishes!

Courtney of Gluten-Free Jesus Freak

Dear friend, wife of the Housemate, pastor, and gluten-free sister!

Check out her blog to see how gluten-free issues even affect life in the church.

Elana of Elana’s Pantry

I’ve been cooking and baking out of The Almond Flour Cookbook for years.  I just love these scones!  But I just bought Elana’s newest book Gluten-Free Cupcakes!  Can’t wait to dive into that one!

Stephanie O’Dea of A Year of Slow Cooking inspired me to dust off my slowcooker and let it work its magic!

Her original book Make It Fast, Cook It Slow and her newest More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow are filled with hundreds of naturally gluten-free recipes that will cook while you work or play!

Shirley of Gluten-Free Easily

I love this lady!  As Maggie from She Let Them Eat Cake posted on her latest adoption post, “Shirley’s the mother of the gluten-free blogging community.  She connects with everyone, encourages everyone, supports everyone, and makes us all feel better every time!”

Shirley has such a passion for helping the newly diagnosed and has wonderful resources on her blog.  See her list of 50+ Meals that are Gluten-Free.

(And how did I miss a picture with Maggie?)

Alexis of Lexie’s Kitchen

What a precious lady!  I just love her humility and her scrumptious recipes.  They’re gluten-free, casein-free, and allergen-friendly.  I can’t wait to get to know her better!

Andrea of Rockin’ Gluten-Free

She’s currently hosting an ABC Countdown for Celiac Awareness Month.

(I can’t wait to share my “O is for….” Can you guess what O stands for?)

Alissa of Alissa Cooks, and the author of Go Dairy Free, inspired me to give dairy-free living a serious go.

Angela of Angela’s Kitchen is a new blogger to me, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her and checking out her site.

Debi of Hunter’s Lyonesse, I just love her down-to-earth writing, her beautiful smile, and her joyful spirit!

The energetic Celiac Diva herself – Lauren-Lucille!

Lauren blogs and hosts an online show every Monday all about issues that every Celiac needs to know about.  Check out her latest episodes!

And how did I not get a picture of Kelly of The Spunky Coconut?  I LOVE her new cookbook and had so much fun adopting her for the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger a few months ago.  (Check out this bread!)  It was so much fun to get to meet her in person!

And none of this would have been possible without the passion, dedication, and hard work of this amazing lady, Jen Cafferty.  Jen is the creator of the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo as well as a blogger at Gluten-Free Life.  Thank you, Jen, for putting on such an inspiring event!

And I must thank my photographer and the super coolest of them all.

Mom.  It was a great Gluten-Free Girls’ Weekend!  I enjoyed every moment of it with you!

1. Debi says:

Gorgeous picture of you and your mom! Reading this post made me want to pack up and doing it all again. What a great weekend for all of us to connect face-to-face. Thanks for including me. :D

2. Linda says:

I have met a few of them. I wish I could have been at the Expo. I’m enjoying everyone’s pictures.

3. Maggie says:

Okay, you and your Mom are gorgeous! This is an adorably cute post :) Thanks for the link love, and yeah! How did we miss a photo opp? Next time girl! You were bang on about everything. So good to meet you!

4. Was so great meeting you Heather! You rock! Hope to see you again soon! Thanks so much for including me in your post. :)

5. And…that picture of you and your mom really is lovely! :)

6. Kimmie says:

Hi Heather,
    Thanks for sharing. I have a friend who I helped this spring teach her kids who are home schooled. All three kids have allergies, Anderson, Kate & Parker. Kate has to eat gluten free but the boys don’t & guess what their last name is…..Rogers!! I’m going to share this post with the mom Shelly, she would love this information & all the web sites. I get to spend the weekend with your mom, can’t wait. Have a great week

Thanks for passing the blog along to your friends, Kim! Give my mom a huge hug from me. Our weekend together was just a tease! So glad to now have a link to your blog, I didn’t know you had one! Hugs!

7. Kimmie says:

My blog is slowly coming along, right now participating in a 365 project put on by my friend (from Fallbrook)pastor’s wife. You try to take a picture a day of what is happening in your life. Also start another one off of that because people wanted recipes of food I took pictures of. I will give you mom a big hug when I see her Friday.
    Hugs back!!

8. Hi Heather,

You and your mom are too cute together! You look fabulous, as does everyone else in the photos! I’m glad you had such a great time . . . wish I could have been there. :) Tina.

9. Mom says:

Time with you went too fast! You have a great circle of GF friends. It is an ever growing community! So many recipes, so little time. Miss you!

10. Lexie says:

Heather, it was such a treat to meet you and your mom! Putting faces to blogs was a big help. When you are out Denver way, be sure to look me up. I look forward to getting to know you better : )

xoLexie

11. Janet says:

It was great being able to meet so many folks at the Gluten and Allergen Free Expo in Chicago. I sat next to Angela of Angela’s Kitchen at dinner Friday night. The woman is hysterically funny. You should definitely check out her blog.

12. Heather, I know I’m late commenting on this post, but now that I’m subscribed to your blog via your new email subscription (yippeee!), that oversight won’t happen again! Thank you so very, very much, my dear for saying these super kind things about me. They are truly much appreciated. It was a delight to meet you in person. Now I see your beautiful smiling face and generous spirit whenever I think of you! You’ve done such an amazing job of capturing everyone here, too. Lovely post and time! So glad you and your mom made it a girlfriends’ weekend. :-)

Hugsss,

1. O is NOT For "Oh No!"...its for Opportunity | Rockin' Gluten-Free - 20. May, 2011

[...] food nut like I am! I am all about eating healthy lately.  I was recently in one of her posts “Super Cool People You Need to Know” (thanks again, Heather!) and she is super cool too! Here we are the night we first met at a VIP [...]