This week’s Friday’s Find makes this Smoothie Queen very happy. Not only is it made by a company that I already love, but it opens up flavor options without added sugar. I love So Delicious Coconut Milk, but I usually purchase the unsweetened version to avoid sugar. I have to admit that I do look longingly at the Vanilla, because it is truly sooooo delicious. In coffee, over cereal, in smoothies, it’s just wonderful. But since I’ve cut out sugar, the vanilla sweetness has been but a lovely memory.
This week I happened to see a carton of So Delicious Sugar-Free Vanilla Coconut Milk at Whole Foods. While I was thrilled to see that it didn’t have cane sugar, I took a good hard look at the ingredients hoping that I wouldn’t find artificial sweeteners instead. I was glad to see that it is sweetened with stevia and monk fruit. Sweet! Tempted to fill my cart, I decided to take just one box and see how I liked it first.
I should have filled the cart.
This vanilla coconut milk helped to make my next green smoothie one to remember.
The vanilla flavor went perfectly with these tropical fruits.
Island Paradise Smoothie
- 2 c. So Delicious Sugar-Free Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 c. Spinach, packed
- 1 c. frozen Honeydew Melon
- 1 c. frozen Mango
- 1/2 frozen Banana
1. Pour coconut milk into the VitaMix or blender, and add protein powder and chia seeds while blending for 3 seconds. Let the liquid sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gel.
2. Add spinach and fruit, and then blend until creamy.
Makes 2 servings
Green, creamy goodness!
Have you tried So Delicious Sugar-Free Vanilla Coconut Milk yet?
What is your favorite non-dairy milk?
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Smoothing the GF Transition with Smoothies
- Berry Cardamom Smoothie
- Cherry Carob Smoothie
- Green Mango Coconut Smoothie
- Friday’s Find: Coconut Milk Creamer
- Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: The Spunky Coconut
This post is linked to:
- Summer Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert and Dogs
- Seasonal Sundays hosted by Brittany of Real Sustenance
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Weekly hosted by Diane of The Whole Gang