I love mornings, and I love breakfast even more. But during the school year, breakfast is not a leisurely meal. I want to start my day with a wholesome breakfast that’s quick to make and easy to eat on the run. But as much as I love smoothies, sometimes I just need a hot breakfast. Every gluten-free kitchen should have these breakfast cereal options:
- Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- Quinoa Flakes
- Buckwheat Groats
- Mighty Tasty GF Hot Cereal
All you need is these ingredients (and quinoa flakes, which didn’t make the photo).
A tablespoon and a teaspoon.
This duo was given to me by Pamela, herself, at the Gluten and Allergen-Free Expo!
But back to the hot cereal combo. All you need is a tablespoon of each of the major ingredients, and a teaspoon of chia seeds.
If your morning is as busy as mine, you may want to scoop all of your ingredients into a bowl the night before. I keep my cereals in mason jars so they are easy to store and scoop.
Place all of the ingredients in a small sauce pan and cover it with 3/4 cup of water.
I like to let it sit for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gel, but if you’re in a hurry, move right on. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, stir, and cover. A delicious, wholesome breakfast is waiting for you just 3-5 minutes later.
What a great way to start your day!
GF Hot Cereal Combo
- 1 T. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 T. Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- 1 T. Bob’s Red Mill Hot and Mighty Gluten-Free Cereal
- 1 T. Bob’s Red Mill Buckwheat Groats
- 1 T. Organic Apple Butter by Eden
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 T. almonds
- 3/4 c. water
- dash of sea salt
1. Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a light boil.
2. Stir, reduce heat to low, and cover for 3-5 minutes.
What is your favorite hot cereal?