GF Resources, Healthy Living

Italian Raw Foods Potluck

11 Comments 25 September 2011

Italian Raw Foods Potluck

This weekend my raw food friends and I had our September raw foods potluck.  It was an incredible feast, and it reminded me that I never shared our last potluck with you.  So before you hear about this month’s event, check out our August creations.

The theme for this event was Italian food.  And with three creative girls, we came up with quite a spread.  Now that our raw food skills have been sharpened a bit, we decided to invite the guys this time.  Although they were each apprehensive about joining us, they were pleasantly surprised by the incredible flavors that we were able to create with raw food.

I made Butternut-Squash Ravioli from the book The Art of Raw Living Food.

I served the ravioli with Red Bell Pepper Puree, recipe also from The Art of Raw Living Food.

I also made Zucchini Pasta with my new spiralizer and used my Walnut Pesto for the sauce. The guys were astounded that it wasn’t really pasta.  (So was I!)

This gorgeous dish is a Raw Lasagna made by my creative and talented friend, Diane. Everything she makes is a treat for the eyes as well as the palate.  With zucchini “noodles”, raw cheese, tomato and pesto filling, this dish was a highlight!

Dallas stunned us with a delicious Eggplant Carpaccio appetizer also from The Art of Raw Living Food.

She also made a Sweet Cheese and Sweet Raw Bread that provided a palate cleanser from the intense Italian flavors of the other dishes.

One of my favorite dishes was this Sweet Gazpacho Soup made with sweet red peppers, yellow squash, red onion, and cucumber accented with parsley, cilantro, and garlic.  This recipe can be found in the book Dining In The Raw.

August’s potluck was by far our most successful Raw Foods event to date, but just wait until you see what we made this weekend!  Our theme was Mexican Food, and I’ll share the deliciousness with you soon!

Last Raw Foods Potluck post you might enjoy:  Raw Foods Potluck.

Raw foods recipe books that I recommend:

Dining In The Rawby Rita Romano

The Art of Raw Living Food: Heal Yourself and the Planet with Eco-delicious Cuisine
by Doreen Virtue and Jenny Ross

Raw foods tools that I recommend:

1. What is a spirilizer and where can I get one? This all looks so beautiful! How lucky you are to have such a talented group of friends.

xo,
    SunnyB

Sunny, I just added a link to the post so readers can order the spiralizer through Amazon. It’s only $35.00 and so easy to use. I LOVE mine!!! You are so right. I am truly lucky to have like-minded, talented friends, both online and in town. xo

2. Wow, what fun and yumminess! All of those dishes look absolutely stunning. :-) And you did very, very well, Heather! ;-)

xo,

3. Maggie says:

One question! Can I come to the October meeting? This is AWESOME!

Oh, Maggie, that would be amazing to have you join us!!!! You’d have to bring a raw version of that yummy sweet potato chick pea spread though! I have to try it soon.

• Hey I was thinking about you, and Debi, today. I shared a link for Debi’s Raw Lavender Blueberry Bars and one of my FB readers said that they’d be great for tea. So then I was thinking your raw group might want to have a raw tea party. Have you guys done that yet?

You are so right! I’m so glad you reminded me of Debi’s bars. I think our November potluck is going to be a brunch, and I’d love to bring her bars! Just imagining lavender and blueberry. Wow!!

4. Carla says:

Hey – this looks soooo great! I just started trying to incorporate a more raw diet into my life. I can not wait to look for some of these books!! :)

Stopping by from Midnight Maniac – glad I found you!
    Carla :)
    Mrs. No-No Knows

Thanks, Carla! I’ve been enjoying more and more raw foods in the past 6 months. I just feel so good when I eat that way. I’m glad you stopped by!

1. Home for the Holidays: Heather of Gluten-Free Cat Christmas Breakfast Casserole + Cookbook + Resource Book + Magazine Subscription! | gfe--gluten free easily - 16. Dec, 2011

[...] (e.g., Pure Food and Wine, Candle 79) and participating in raw potlucks (General, Asian, Mexican, Italian). She’s shared many amazing looking recipes for months now. Back to our meeting for a moment …. [...]