I’ve stopped purchasing boxes of gluten-free crackers except for rare occasions. Lazy occasions.
First of all, store bought gluten-free crackers are ridiculously expensive. I’ve been buying them for so many years that I no longer bat an eye when a box of crackers cost me over $5.00. Are you kidding me? They are just crackers!
Secondly, I feel so much better when I eat raw foods.
Thirdly, we are juicing so many vegetables that I have more pulp than I know what to do with!
So we are making veggie pulp crackers. And while I’m hesitant to share raw recipes with you as a raw newbie, I think you’ll really like these Raw Sun-Dried Tomato Crackers.
They’re really easy to make. Just put the ingredients in the food processor and process until it’s creamy. Then spread the dough out with a spatula into large squares about ¼ inch thick. Score with a spatula or knife into crackers shapes and pop them in the dehydrator.
I love eating these alone, but even better is making hummus sandwiches using Gena’s High Protein Hemp Hummus.
Raw Sun-Dried Tomato Crackers
- 2 c. juice pulp (I like tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery)
- ½ c. ground flax meal
- ¼ c. sun dried tomatoes
- 2 T. gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ T. black sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. basil
- ¼ c. water
1. Put all ingredients except water in a food processor and process.
2. Slowly add ¼ c. water.
3. Scoop dough onto teflex dehydrator sheets, and spread it out with a spatula in large squares about ¼ inch thick.
4. Score dough with a spatula or knife into crackers shapes.
5. Dehydrate at 110 for 4-6 hours. Flip crackers and dehydrate for another 4 hours or until desired crunchiness is attained.
Yield: 18-24 crackers
Taste, and then tell me if you’d rather eat a store-bought cracker.
- Have you ever made raw crackers?
- Have you made your own gluten-free crackers?
- What are your favorite store-bought gluten-free crackers?
- Would you rather buy a box or take a few moments to make a snack that you know is good for you? (Yeah, I’m lazy too!)
- Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays hosted by Rebecca Jean of Midnight Maniac
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Whole Foods Wednesdays hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva