GF Friendly Restaurants, Travel

The Best GF Cupcake on the Planet

9 Comments 25 April 2012

Sometimes there are no words.

Risotteria, I love you.

270 Bleecker Street
New York City

• Where do you find your favorite gluten-free indulgence?
  • Would you prefer a cookie or a cupcake?
  • Are you a frosting or cake person?
  • Describe your favorite cupcake!

1. Betsy says:

Wow, that looks so good! We went to Risotteria last summer based upon your recommendation. We loved everything we ordered. I can’t wait to go back this summer!

The best dessert is at Matthew Kenney in OKC. All of the food is incredible, but the chocolate ganache tart is probably the best dessert I have had in my life.

I am definitely a cookie person. I recently had a yummy cupcake and the best chocolate chip cookie ever at Babycakes in Orlando. My children were thrilled to be able to eat anything there.

I’m so glad you got to go to Risoterria, Betsy! Every time we travel to NYC we try new restaurants, but there hasn’t been a trip since that hasn’t included Risoterria. A trip to NYC just wouldn’t be the same without squishing into those little seats and enjoying gluten-free goodness!

I’ve never tried Babycakes in Orlando, but I’ve been to Babycakes NYC. Wow!

2. Amber says:

Hi Heather,

Yes, no words…that looks insane!!

This is such a great resource for me!!! I’m traveling to NY in May! I will definitely check this place out! Thank you, thank you!

Be Well,
    –Amber

Oh, yes, you MUST hit Risotteria…and so much more! Check out my series on “Feeling the Love in NYC” for ideas! Pala Pizza and Nizza for sure! And if you’re into raw foods…Pure Food and Wine, Blossom, and Candle Cafe!

3. This looks yummy! I’m sometimes a cake person, sometimes a cookie person. Frosting’s always good :) I love to bake/make sweet treats so my favorite treats come from my own kitchen.

4. Maggie says:

Oh that looks amazing! It’s all about the icing for me, and icing in the middle is genius! We have a place not far from us that makes delish cupcakes and cinnamon buns (my weak spot). Okay, is that your hubby’s smile in the pic? Melt my heart, what a smile! And you look amazing too, obviously :)

Oh, the double dose of icing just nearly put me over the edge!!! Yes, that’s my sweet man’s smile. He won’t allow me to show his entire gorgeous face, but I was glad to get approval to show the smile that won me. :)

5. Lynne L says:

Hi Heather! I don’t have anywhere that makes gf cupcakes near me, so I make my own, and my own cookies & muffins too…all from wonderful recipes I’ve discovered online. Anything chocolate! Those pics look so good you could eat ‘em off the screen..cupcake heaven! I’ve recently found a few places in Toronto that do make/sell them. They’re a bit far to go, but maybe for an outing one day…Thanks for making me drool lol!