Summer means strawberries. Fresh strawberries. Warm, sun-kissed strawberries from Papa’s garden. Strawberry shortcake on a hot summer night. Strawberry jam spread on biscuits. Strawberry and spinach salads. Strawberry juices running down my chin.
While looking for a way to satisfy my sweet tooth, and to use a gorgeous pint of strawberries, I made a raw strawberry cocoa puree that reminded me of pudding. Dairy free, the creaminess comes from cashews. Sugar free, the sweetness comes from dates and the berries themselves.
It makes a delicious high-protein afternoon snack, a dessert, or dare I say breakfast?
Raw Strawberry Cocoa Pudding
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 4 dates, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 2 c. halved strawberries
- 1 T. raw raw cacao powder
- 1/2 T. raw cacao nibs
1. Place cashews in the food processor and process until they become a fine powder.
2. Add soaked dates, halved strawberries, and raw cocoa powder. Puree until smooth.
3. Pour into a dish and sprinkle with raw cacao nibs.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes for a cool treat.
Yields 2 cups
- What’s your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
- What’s your favorite summer fruit?
- Share a summer fruit memory.
This post was shared at:
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Whole Foods Wednesdays hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Ingredient-Challenge Monday hosted by Sunny of And Love It Too!
- Allergy Friendly Friday hosted by Cybele Pascal