GF Recipes, Raw Foods

Raw Strawberry Cocoa Pudding

18 Comments 10 June 2012

Raw Strawberry Cocoa Pudding

Summer means strawberries.  Fresh strawberries.  Warm, sun-kissed strawberries from Papa’s garden.  Strawberry shortcake on a hot summer night.  Strawberry jam spread on biscuits.  Strawberry and spinach salads. Strawberry juices running down my chin.

While looking for a way to satisfy my sweet tooth, and to use a gorgeous pint of strawberries, I made a raw strawberry cocoa puree that reminded me of pudding.  Dairy free, the creaminess comes from cashews.  Sugar free, the sweetness comes from dates and the berries themselves.

It makes a delicious high-protein afternoon snack, a dessert, or dare I say breakfast?

Raw Strawberry Cocoa Pudding

1.  Place cashews in the food processor and process until they become a fine powder.

2.  Add soaked dates, halved strawberries, and raw cocoa powder.  Puree until smooth.

3.  Pour into a dish and sprinkle with raw cacao nibs.

4.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes for a cool treat.

Yields 2 cups

Reader, dish!

• What’s your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
  • What’s your favorite summer fruit?
  • Share a summer fruit memory.

This post was shared at:

1. Amber says:

Oh Heather,

This is am amazing recipe. I love it! Just wonderful ingredients. Well done! I have all these ingredients on hand, and my local Coop sells cacao nips in bulk (yeah).

I would have to say my favorite way to enjoy strawberries: raw. Raw on top of strawberry shortcake, in a smoothie, dipped in chocolate coconut whipped cream, etc. And I love all the summer fruits (no favorite). :-)

Thanks for a great recipe!

Hugs,
    –Amber

2. Love this one, Heather! I know it has to be fantastic! :-)

3. So many ingredients that I love! Looks delish, Heather. :)

4. My favorite summer fruit is definitely strawberries and we just posted a strawberry shortcake recipe that we lovvvve. I’ve made a version of this pudding before without the chocolate. It was amazing. I can’t wait to try it with cocoa!

5. Natali says:

This looks sooooo good. I could kill for it right now!

6. Strawberries are definitely a fav, and this looks so interesting! I want to try it.

7. Laura says:

I will be featuring this delicious pudding this week on Allergy-Free Wednesdays :)

8. Linda says:

This looks fantastic, Heather! I bet it’s delicious. I’m out of cashews and really need to buy some soon!

9. amber says:

Hi There Heather,

I featured your awesome recipe this week on Allergy-Free Wednesdays. Your recipe and other highlights can be seen here:

Please join us again this week for more allergy-free fun and inspiration.

Hugs,
    –Amber

10. Balvinder says:

There won’t be any simple and delicious pudding than that.Love it.

11. Skylor says:

Yum!! In summer time all I seem to want is cool, smooth textured foods. I made something similar recently but without fresh fruits, just figs- the strawberry seems like it would make it far more refreshing. What simple ingredients you have here! I will absolutely check this one out.

12. This sounds heavenly! What a beautiful treat for a summer day – and I definitely agree on the possible breakfast idea :) Lovely photos as well!

13. I thought I had left a message about this earlier! Thank you so much for entering this month’s Ingredient Challenge Monday. I had to go hunt down some coconibs so I could make your pudding and am so excited to give it a try this weekend.

Thanks again,

Sunny

1. Gluten-Free Wednesdays 6-20-12 | Elite Daily Diet and Fitness - 19. Jun, 2012

[...] Week’s Highlights:  There were so many great strawberry recipes last week.  Here are a few. Raw Strawberry Cocoa Pudding – Gluten-Free Cat Almond Flour Strawberry Shortcakes – The Nourishing Home Strawberry Cream [...]

2. Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Blog Hop Week 22 | Gluten Free Pantry - 19. Jun, 2012

[...] Snack: Raw Strawberry Cocoa Pudding @ Gluten-Free Cat [...]