Everyone’s going strawberry crazy this time of year. You can find delicious strawberry dishes everywhere you look. Sunny of And Love It Too has chosen this magical berry for Ingredient Challenge Monday. Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker is highlighting strawberry recipes on Gluten-Free Wednesdays. Me? I’m just eating them by the handful. Oh, and enjoying them in smoothies, pudding, and salads. I can’t get enough of them!
This salad is one reason I can’t get enough strawberries.
While I love strawberries, I must admit that the brillance of this recipe is truly the dressing created by my raw foods girl, Diane. Diane has shared several of her incredible raw recipes at Gluten-Free Cat, and she has agreed to share her Sweet Honey Cilantro Dressing with us. You are going to love the taste and the kryptonite color! Vegans, simply substitute agave nectar for the honey.
Strawberry Arugula Salad with Sweet Honey Cilantro Dressing
by Heather and Diane
- 4 c. arugula
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
- 1 c. chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 whole strawberry, fan cut
- 1 c. cilantro
- 1 c. olive oil
- 2 T. honey (or agave nectar)
- 4 cloves garlic
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or Vitamix and blend until smooth.
2. Place arugula in a bowl and layer strawberries and cucumbers on top.
3. Fan the avocado slices on top of the salad.
4. Fan cut the whole strawberry and place on top for decoration.
5. Drizzle entire salad with dressing.
The dressing recipe will give you twice as much as you’ll need for this salad. This is on PURPOSE. You will want to save the extra it in a mason jar to use on all of your salads for the rest of the week.
Even Max likes this dressing.
I think he would have eaten the arugula too if I let him!
I’m also submitting this salad to Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten-Free hosted by Danielle of Against All Grain. She has selected Seasonal Salads as this month’s theme. So make sure you look for her roundup post on July 1st for even more delicious gluten-free summer salads!
For more of Diane’s incredible raw creations, see these posts:
- What’s your favorite way to dress a salad?
- Do you make your own dressings?
- Do you have a favorite gluten-free dressing?
- What’s your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
- Ingredient Challenge Monday hosted by Sunny of And Love It Too!
- Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten-Free hosted by Danielle of Against All Grain
- GFE Virtual Gluten-Free Support Group hosted by Shirley of GFE
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Whole Foods Wednesdays hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Allergy Friendly Friday hosted by Cybele Pascal
- Sugar Free Sunday hosted by Raj and Sonia of Flip Cookbook
- This Week’s Cravings hosted by Kristi of Veggie Converter 365
- The Berry Party hosted by Pure Ella