If I wrote a recipe every time I made a new green smoothie, I’d have to change the name of this blog to Gluten-Free Cat’s Green Smoothies. And you’d get really tired of hearing about the health benefits and the wide array of green possibilities! There are just so many different ways you can create a green smoothie. You can pack your smoothie with anything green or leafy — spinach, kale, romaine, baby lettuces, arugula, beet greens, watercress, zucchini — just let your imagination run wild. Then add any sweet fruit, which will mask the green taste in most cases. But achieving a creamy texture is quite challenging without dairy.
The creamy green smoothie that I’m sharing today is so thick that you might want to eat it with a spoon like a pudding. The healthy fats in the avocado will provide energy that will keep you going all morning long.
Creamy Green Pudding Smoothie
- 1 c. nut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 3 large chunks of pineapple, about 1/2 c.
- 1/2 bag of spinach, about 2 c. packed
- 3 dates, chopped
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
Toss all ingredients into the Vitamix or blender and blend until creamy.
Other green smoothies you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Zucchini Wake Up Smoothie
- Green Mango Coconut Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Island Paradise Smoothie
- Have you tried green smoothies?
- What is your favorite green to put in a smoothie?
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Amber of The Tasty Alternative, Tessa the Domestic Diva, and friends