Do leftover cooked sweet potatoes sit in your fridge forgotten? They used to in our home, but they no longer have the chance to become a wet goey mess or to shrivel at the back of the refrigerator. Because now I have a delicious smoothie that begs for them. My Orange Sweet Potato Smoothie is creamy and refreshing, and the flavor walks the line between sweetness and tartness. It’s also packed with nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, calcium, folate, and potassium. What a way to start the day!
Left to my own devices I’d probably drink a chocolate banana mixed berry smoothie every weekday morning, but combinations like this pull me out of my ruts and open my morning to a spectrum of flavor and nutrients.
Orange Sweet Potato Smoothie
- 2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (4-5 oranges)
- 1/3 c. cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 c. frozen or fresh mango
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Sun Warrior Warrior Blend Raw Plant-Based Complete Protein Powder)
- 4 ice cubes
- dash of cinnamon
1. Using a citrus juicer, juice 4-5 oranges and pour 2 cups of orange juice into the VitaMix.
2. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
Are you in a smoothie rut? This smoothie is worth stepping out for!
Other Gluten-Free Cat smoothies you might enjoy:
- Berry Cardamom Smoothie
- Chocolate Zucchini Wake Up Smoothie
- Creamy Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Green Mango Coconut Smoothie
- Island Paradise Smoothie
- Watermelon Peach Chia Smoothie
Sweet potato smoothie recipes from other bloggers:
- Sweet Potato Smoothie by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Very Vegan Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie by Tess aka The Blender Girl at Healthy Blender Recipes
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Smoothie by Iris of The Daily Dietribe
- Sweet Potato Cooler by Leanne of Healthful Pursuit
- Have you ever tried sweet potato in a smoothie?
- What’s the most interesting ingredient you’ve ever put in a smoothie?
- What is your smoothie rut?
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Keep It Real Thursday hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Laura of Laura’s Gluten Free Pantry and all!
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs