“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshere.” The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
So here are the questions attached to the Sunshine Award. This was the easy part.
- 1. Favorite Color: I love every shade of blue. The shade depends on my mood. Today is a sky blue day.
- 2. Favorite Animal: Well, cats, of course! I have a particular affection for black ones.
- 3. Favorite Number: 111
- 4. Favorite Drink: Wine, either pinot noir or merlot.
- 5. Facebook or Twitter: Twitter. It moves fast, like me, and I can catch a quick glimpse of what’s going on at any given moment of the day. Facebook is a little more cumbersome.
- 6. Good Movie or Good Book: Good movie. A good movie slows my brain down enough to relax.
- 7. My passion: Helping people to see that gluten intolerance is not a death sentence. It’s the beginning of a whole new life of health, flavor, and vibrance, especially when living gluten-free naturally.
- 8. Giving or Getting presents: I thought about being humble here…but I LOVE getting presents, especially out of the blue.
- 9. Favorite Day of the Year: The day after the last day of school. Such a feeling of freedom!
- 10. Favorite Flower: Red roses
Now for my nominees. This was the hard part as I follow so many incredible bloggers. I’d love for you to check out the bloggers that I’m nominating for the Sunshine Award. Some you may know well, and others may be new to you. Please go visit these bloggers, because they are all spreading sunshine in their own unique ways. And don’t we all need a little sunshine?
The Tasty Alternative Amber radiates sunshine! She even has sunflowers adorning her blog banner! I love Amber’s allergen-friendly recipes, but she gets the award for spreading sunshine through her comments on other blogs. I always feel hugged when Amber comments at GFC!
Enjoying Gluten Free Life Shannon recently started her blog, and she dove right in by interviewing gluten-free bloggers and hosting June’s Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger. I’d love for you all to check out her site! She’s a fellow Nashville blogger, a researcher and writer, and I can’t wait to see how her blog develops!
Gluten-Free Jesus Freak Courtney is a pastor in Wisconsin who just happens to be one of my dearest friends. She tackles issues about gluten-free living in a church community, a rural town, and in family life. And she does it all with a smile and a witty sense of humor.
And Love It Too! Sunny is a wife, mother of 5, and educator who somehow has time to spread sunshine around the blogosphere. I love her blog, her recipes, and her sunny outlook on life. Be watching for her upcoming Lunch Box series!
City|Life|Eats Valerie was one of my first inspirations to try vegan recipes. She posted her lunch boxes that were filled with foods I’d never even heard of before. I fell in love with her creations and always feel encouraged when I talk with her and read her posts.
Daily Bites Hallie’s recipes just make you feel good. They’re made with pure ingredients and are easy to make. Hallie’s simple approach and innovative dishes encourage us to make healthy choices. I love her cookbook The Pure Kitchen.
Gluten Free Gigi Whenever I need to really know something, I go to Gigi’s site. I’m not wired to attend to research articles for long. But I LOVE reading Gigi’s posts, because she makes learning fun. That’s the sign of a good teacher!
Laura’s Gluten-Free Pantry Laura is one of the gracious hosts of Allergy-Free Wednesdays. I’ve just recently started following her blog, because her delicious recipes are healthy, and she has a joy that’s attractive. Joy = Sunshine.
Gluten Free Happy Tummy Another blog that is new to me, I was attracted to it because Caralyn is a gluten-free vegan. Her recipes creatively work for those on the Body Ecology Diet for Anti-Candida healing. I’m excited to get to know this NYC foodie better!
Healthful Pursuit Leanne is a wholistic nutritionist who focuses on eating intuitively and leading a balanced lifestyle. I love this girl’s energy! Her passion for life, health, fitness, and good food is contagious!
I hope you will visit some of these blogs and feel the sunshine for yourself!
- Who would you nominate for a Sunshine Award?
- Answer one of the Sunshine Questions. I’d love to learn more about you!