Thanks for coming to Raw Foods Thursdays! The goal of this event is to learn from each other as we improve our diets with raw foods. Whether you are 100% raw, high raw, or you are just looking for more creative ways to eat more plant-based foods, this event is for you!
We all have different reasons for learning about raw foods. My passion for raw foods began with a simple invitation to a raw foods potluck. It took one meal together for us to become the Raw Foods Potluck Girls.
Dallas, Heather, and Diane
We were just a few friends who were excited about eating well, sharing good food, and learning more about raw foods. A vegetarian, a conscientious meat eater, and an experienced raw foodie made for a diverse, creative team!
Since then, we’ve learned so much from each other, raw foods cookbooks, blogs, websites, and restaurants; and we’ve created some amazing raw foods events. If you haven’t already visited these summary posts of our raw foods potlucks, please check them out!
- Raw Foods Girls Go Greek
- Comfort Food Raw Potluck
- Brunch Raw Food Potluck
- Italian Raw Food Potluck
- Mexican Raw Food Potluck
- Asian Raw Food Potluck
- Raw Foods Girls Go Greek
- Indian Raw Foods Potluck
We are so excited that the inspirational talent of our Raw Foods Trio will be leaving tomorrow for an incredible raw foods experience. While the other two of the triad will remain here in reality (sigh), teaching elementary school, we will be living vicariously through Diane, who will be attending Living Light Culinary Institute, a culinary school in California focused on gourmet raw vegan cuisine. I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous, but I can’t wait for Diane to come back and teach us everything that she learns. Or maybe Diane should just host the next Raw Foods
Potluck Feast. We may be skipping September’s Raw Foods Potluck, but October is going to be a blowout!
Until then, I’m depending on YOU! What raw foods recipes you have to share with us this week?
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used no higher than 118 degrees. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.)
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
This week I created a Sweet Heat Beet Salad.
What do you have to share?