Not too long ago, I was on a quest to use my raw almond pulp for more than just compost. I attempted to make Raw Banana Snickerdoodles, and at first I was really pleased. I shared my experience here. But those cookies sat in the fridge and got exponentially drier by the day. I tried again and added more moist ingredients. The cookies were still dry, so I made a plea to you readers to PLEASE help me! Thank you all for your suggestions. I have had a lot more success, but the new and improved version isn’t quite ready to share.
BUT these Raw Banana Pumpkin Crackers are another story. These are moist, crazy easy to make, and so delicious!
And it does my heart good to know that I’m using every bit of the almond for milk and crackers. In fact, I’m going to pour myself a glass of almond milk and snack on one of these babies right now while I type the recipe for you.
Raw Banana Pumpkin Crackers
- 1 c. almond pulp (or almond flour)
- 2 T. grade B maple syrup
- 1/4 c. raw almond butter
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 c. sunflower seeds (optional)
1. Place almond pulp, syrup, almond butter, and bananas in the food processor and process until creamy.
2. Transfer to a medium-size mixing bowl and fold in pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
3. Spread mixture on 2 teflex dehydrator sheets.
4. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 12-16 hours depending on your preference for crunchy or chewy crackers. Peel off teflex sheets after 4-6 hours, and flip onto the mesh tray.
5. Cut into crackers with a pizza cutter.
Makes 18 crackers
- How do you use your almond pulp?
- Have you ever made raw crackers?
This recipe will be shared at:
- Raw Foods Thursdays here at Gluten-Free Cat
- Gluten-Free Monday hosted by Heidi of One Creative Mommy
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends.
- Keep it Real Thursdays hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook