I’ve been tinkering with a raw cookie recipe. It has taken several batches to find the best proportions. I have to thank several of you who have submitted recipes to Raw Foods Thursdays, because your recipes were inspirational! If you haven’t yet seen this roundup of raw cookies, hop on over! Thanks for the great tips for making raw cookies moist and flavorful.
I love chocolate cookies. I could eat them all day. And with these healthy ingredients, I probably could.
With a tall glass of homemade almond milk they make a tasty breakfast.
Cookies for breakfast?
Even Max was tempted.
Raw Chocolate Crunch Cookies
- 1 c. almond pulp leftover from making almond milk
- 1/2 c. raw almond butter
- 1/2 c. oat groats, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 c. buckwheat groats, soaked overnight (separated)
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1/2 c. grade B maple syrup
- 2 T. raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. coarsely chopped almonds
1. Soak buckwheat groats and oat groats in two separate bowls overnight. Rinse well and drain.
2. Place the following ingredients in a food processor and process until combined: almond pulp, almond butter, soaked oat groats, 1/2 c. of the soaked buckwheat groats, almond milk, syrup, cacao powder, and sea salt.
3. Pour cookie batter into a large bowl and mix in the remaining buckwheat groats and chopped almonds with a spatula.
4. Use a small cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop cookie batter onto teflex dehydrator sheets.
5. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 6-10 hours depending on desired chewy or crunchiness. If you like a crispy cookie, remove them from the teflex sheet and place them directly onto the mesh tray after a few hours.
Yields 3 dozen cookies
- Have you tried making raw cookies?
- What are your favorite ingredients?
- Cookies for breakfast? Yes or no?
- Gluten-Free Monday hosted by Heidi of One Creative Mommy
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends.
- Keep it Real Thursdays hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Raw Foods Thursdays here at Gluten-Free Cat
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook