With Thanksgiving just a few weeks behind us and my work on these Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookies, there’s a lot of leftover pumpkin around here. Does anyone else have extra cans of pumpkin in their pantries? So last weekend I decided to sneak some pumpkin into a few of our regular dishes. The result? A delicious week ahead! Pumpkin is great in smoothies, soups, breads…and sweet potatoes!
The pumpkin taste is subtle in this creamy wonder, but the best part is the slight kick provided by the chili powder. It is definitely a hint of spice, which makes this dish family friendly, but if you’re a spice feind like me you will want to double the chili powder.
Chili-Seasoned Mashed Pumpkin Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. chili powder (or more)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Peel and cut sweet potatoes in half. Then quarter each half and add them to the boiling water.
3. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes can easily be pierced with a knife.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and place them in a food processor with a slotted spoon.
5. Add pumpkin, chili powder, and sea salt and puree until smooth.
Yields 4 servings
Simple and simply delicious. For an extra kick, add a second teaspoon of chili powder.
- How do you like your sweet potatoes?
- How do you use your leftover pumpkin?
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook