Happy Thursday! Can you believe that at this time next week Christmas will be over? I know right now you’re deep in shopping, maybe packing to travel, planning holiday meals, and madly crossing things off your growing To Do List. But in the meantime you still need to take care of yourself and your family, and during this busy time of year we’re tempted to opt for convenience over healthy choices. Hey, we’ll just start fresh in January, right? Why wait when delicious raw food is right here at your fingertips?
I’m highlighting a few easy breakfast recipes from last week’s Raw Foods Thursdays that are quick, delicious, and incredibly nutritious.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love it so much that I know what I’m having for breakfast the night before! So this Raw Apple Cereal by A Life Unprocessed is perfect for me. Just combine a few ingredients, let them soak overnight, and you have this deliciousness the next morning.
Or how about some pudding for breakfast? This Lightened Up Pumpkin Pudding by Veggie V can also be made the night before, or make it the morning of and let it sit for 30 minutes while you get ready for the day.
Raw foods doesn’t have to mean hours in the kitchen. Who has more than 30 minutes for meal prep this time of year? Start your day off with one of these raw breakfast treats!
I’m linking up an old breakfast favorite of mine that helps me start the day off right during busy times. I make a batch of tRAWpical Oat Breakfast and store it in the fridge in individual serving dishes for grab and go breakfasts all week.
What do you have to share?
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used no higher than 118 degrees. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.)
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
Ready to share?