I have a very special cookie to share with you. It’s a special cookie because I created it for a very special event. I’m not a baker. You’ll notice there are very few cookies on my recipe list. I love them, but I don’t dare bake them often! Truly, I just don’t have the patience to learn the chemistry involved in baking. Baking well. But this is a special occasion. And it’s for a very special cause. (Yes, I’m quite aware that I used the word special five times, now six.)
My friend Sunny from And Love It Too asked me to participate in the Kitchenaid’s Pass the Plate event through BeBetsy. Not only is it so much fun to receive a plate of homemade cookies in the mail on a gorgeous plate, but every time the plate is registered and passed, Kitchenaid donates $5 to Susan G. Koman for the Cure ®. Eat homemade cookies and support breast cancer research and awareness? Absolutely! My mom is a breast cancer survivor, and I’m so incredibly thankful for all the research that went into her treatment. Praise God she is 9 years cancer free!
I received these delicious Vegan Carrot Cake Coconut Macaroons with Maple Cream Glaze from Sunny. And I’m passing the plate on to Debi of Hunter’s Lyonesse with these Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
I hope they arrive safely.
And without cat hair!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 c. almond flour
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1/3 c. coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c. dairy free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Place spoonfuls of batter on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
5. Cool on a wire rack.
Yields 1 1/2 – 2 dozen depending on size of cookie
I promise, Debi. I took them away as soon as he jumped on the table!
Hey, wait! Are those all for Debi? Can’t I have one?
- If you could pass a plate of cookies to a friend anywhere in the world, who would it be?
- What kind would you send them?
- Gluten-Free Monday hosted by Heidi of One Creative Mommy
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends.
- Keep it Real Thursdays hosted by France of Beyond the Peel
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook