Welcome to Raw Foods Thursdays! Whether you’re a raw foodie, love fresh foods, or you are just interested in improving your health by eating more plant-based foods…welcome! This is a place where we share and learn from each other. Before you link up today, take a look at a few highlights from last week’s event.
And it wouldn’t be a Raw Foods Thursday without a few delicious desserts! Thank you, Vicki of Sweet and Healthy Living for sharing two incredible cookie bars!
Yes, they look insane! Which one to try first?
Now what delicious rawness do you have to share this week?
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used no higher than 118 degrees. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.)
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!