Happy New Year! This is our first Raw Foods Thursday of the year, so I expect the links to be a little light, as they were during the holidays. But now that the fun treats and party food are behind us, it’s time to get back to food that makes us feel great. For me, that’s raw food. I’m not 100% raw or even 80/10. In fact, I do eat meat. But I try to fill each plate with at least 2/3 of raw food, because it’s delicious, it’s nutritious, and it makes me feel fantastic.
I started the new year with a 1 day juice infusion. I wouldn’t call it a “juice fast” because there was no fasting involved. I drank and drank and drank, filling my body with all sorts of goodness. It felt so good after the feasting of the holidays.
So today I’m linking up my post about my juice day as it has 3 different juice combos that I love. If you haven’t had any recent raw foods adventures due to the holidays, feel free to link up something old or let us know in the comments if you have any raw plans ahead.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used no higher than 118 degrees. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.)
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!