Healthy Living, Raw Foods, Vegan

Ushering in the New Year with Juice

12 Comments 01 January 2013

Ushering in the New Year with Juice

Happy New Year! I can’t tell you how happy I am to have a fresh new year ahead of me. I’m not really one for resolutions, but there’s something about new beginnings that’s always inspiring. It makes me want to hold on to all that’s good and let go of anything that’s holding me back.

So today, January 1st, was a clean out day. We took a much needed trip to the recycling center. The garage is no longer an obstacle course. And I spent some time juicing. After holiday treats it’s so refreshing to enjoy a day of nothing but fresh juices.

We’ve been sipping on:

1.  Kale, carrot, parsley, wheatgrass, apple, lemon

2. Beet, carrot, apple

3. Grapefruit

I also started my day like every other day with Dr. Axe’s Secret Detox Drink made from lemon, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, and cinnamon. Check out the link and Dr Axe’s video which explains the health benefits of this simple concoction.

Now that the garage is less cluttered and my juices are poured, it’s time to spend this holiday snuggled up under a blanket while we watch football a movie.

Happy New Year!

Cheers!

• Is New Year’s inspiring to you?
  • How will you clean up or clean out this year?
  • What is your favorite juice combo?
  • How did you spend New Year’s Day?
This post was shared with:

1. We’re New Years juicing buddies, Heather! :) I’m not exclusively juicing, but have incorporating 2 big glasses per day and eating mostly raw the past few days to ring in the new year Clean-and-Green style. It feels great. My favorite juicing combo so far is kale, romaine, pear, and ginger. :)

Juicing buddies, I love it! Don’t you feel wonderful??? I’ve never tried juicing pear, but it sounds delicious. You’ll have to come to Raw Foods Thursdays to link up your favorite raw meals! Love clean and green!! :)

2. Johnna says:

Love your windowsill photo. Juice looks so pretty in light! My favorite juice combo, the one I start most days off with, is kale, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger. Happy New Year to you!

3. Betsy says:

Happy New Year, Heather! I just finished my evening juice. I love it so much, but wish I had someone to make it for me. :)

My favorite juice lately is red cabbage, spinach, 2 limes, celery, 1 green apple and cucumber. I never thought I would like cabbage in juice, but I absolutely love it!

I am crazy about kale salads, but no a fan of kale in juice. I hope I will eventually start to like it.

I spent today getting rid of the rest of the paper clutter from our Christmas vacation and trying to get back on the right time zone. Who would think 3 hours would make such a difference.

So good to hear from you, Betsy! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Isn’t the color of the red cabbage juiced amazing? Looks like something you’d buy at a carnival!! Ha!

Kale by itself isn’t great, but I find that lemon and apple will make most greens go down easier. :)

Rest up and have a great weekend!!

4. Happy New Year! I’ve been juicing for quite a while but this year I really want to get others juicing. I drink 3-4 juices a day in the week and cook some yummy Vegan recipes on the weekends. One of my favorite recipes is orange, blueberry and fennel! Your combos are awesome (I love your pics).

Denise, thank you so much for stopping by. Your site has a wealth of information about juicing! I’ll be visiting often!

Oh wow do I wish I could drink 3-4 juices each day! You must feel amazing all the time! I’m lucky if I can get to juicing 3-4 times a week. But you’re inspiring me. :)

Orange, blueberry, and fennel is next on my list!

5. Ricki says:

Sounds like a perfect way to start the year, Heather! I’m not juicing exclusively but have been enjoying a few more juices and smoothies than usual.

Happy New Year to you–glad it’s off on the right drink! ;-) xo

Ricki, Happy New Year to you too! Such a refreshing way to end a season of feasting and to get back to simple, pure foods.

Nuzzle the girls for me!

6. Arpita says:

So I bought this juiecr from walmart back in June 2007 for only $45. I used it daily since. Love this juiecr. I got it for my own health, but ended up getting my kid hooked as well Well, today it stopped working. The motor broke, and the rubber started smoking right in the middle of carrot/lettuce/beet juice I was disappointed to see the price go up so much, because I really wanted the same one. But 3 years of daily use, I’d say thats pretty good for an inexpensive juiecr. Would recommend this to anyone.

Three years of service on a $45 juicer? That’s incredible!! I love my OmegaVert, but it certainly wasn’t $45. This one better last more than 3 years! ;)