We all love kale chips. They’re incredibly easy to make, they’re delicious, and it just feels good to know that you’re getting your greens in a simple snack. They’re also quite versatile. You can make them with just a little olive oil and salt, or you can make any flavor that strikes your fancy. Just create a seasoning, massage it into the kale leaves, and dehydrate.
If you don’t have a dehydrator and you aren’t going for a raw snack, you can bake the kale leaves instead. I’ve included directions for baking in the recipe below.
Have a craving for pizza? These Italian Kale Chips will satisfy with all the flavor yet none of the dairy and grains.
Italian Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/2 c. cashews
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 medium tomato, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 dashes of cayenne pepper
1. Wash kale, remove stems, and pat dry.
2. Combine all other ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth with a few chunks.
3. Massage both sides of the kale pieces with the cashew mixture and place leaves on teflex-lined dehydrator sheets.
4. Dehydrate at 115 until dry enough to touch, about 2 hours. Then remove from dehydrator sheets and dehydrate on mesh trays for 2-4 more hours, or until desired crunchiness is attained. The great thing about the dehydrator is that you can’t overdo it.
5. If you don’t own a dehydrator, you can also bake kale chips. Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes. Pull the kale chips out of the oven when they are crisp but still dark green. If you leave them in too long they’ll turn brown and take on a bitter taste.
You might also enjoy these Southwestern Kale Chips.
- Have you made kale chips yet?
- What’s your favorite way to season kale chips?
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends.
- Raw Foods Thursdays here at Gluten-Free Cat
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook
- Gluten-Free Fridays hosted by Cindy of Vegetarian Mamma