There were many star dishes at our last Raw Foods Potluck, and one of them was Diane’s Living Pad Thai. Several of you have asked for the recipe, and Diane has agreed to share it! The magic is in the sauce, so you can choose the veggies that you want in your dish and slather it with Diane’s magical Pad Thai Sauce.
Diane has joined forces with two other talented raw foods chefs, Betsy and David, to create Reboot Health and Wellness. Their purpose is helping people reboot their health whether they are struggling with illness, weight loss, or need help transitioning to a plant-based diet. They will serve as consultants creating meal plans, guiding clients through cleanses, and delivering delicious raw meals and juices. They are planning their grand opening next month, but you can get a sneak peak through their facebook page. Just try not to drool over those raw foods pictures!
Now on to the Pad Thai!
Living Pad Thai
By Diane of Reboot Health and Wellness
- 1 large zucchini- spirilized
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 c fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c jalapeno pepper, cut in thin strips
- 2 c purple cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 2 large carrots, cut in thin strips
- 1 package of Kelp Noodles (optional)
- 2 inches ginger peeled
- 8 pitted and soaked dates
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ c tamarind juice
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 c Raw Almond Butter
- 2 thai chilies seeded
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbs nama shoyu or gluten-free tamari (Note: nama shoyu is NOT gluten-free)
1. Cut veggies into thin strips and place them in a large bowl.
2. Blend the sauce ingredients in a Vitamix or high speed blender.
3. Toss veggies in the sauce and then drizzle a little extra sauce on top.
- Have you ever tried Raw Pad Thai?
- What’s your favorite raw sauce?
- What raw fun have you had lately?
This recipe will be shared at:
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends.
- Raw Foods Thursdays here at Gluten-Free Cat
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook