I trust that you all had a nice St. Patrick’s Day. Whether you celebrated by wearing green, tossing back a
green beer green smoothie, eating green eggs and ham, or reflecting on the life and mission of St. Patrick, I hope it was a good day.
I also hope you got in your greens! I’ve been using St. Patrick’s week as an excuse to come up with new green recipes. I have a new garden soup to share with you. This soup started as a chunky gazpacho, but with the power of the Vitamix this soup became as creamy as a pudding in just a few extra seconds. After a quick taste test, I decided that I liked it that way. Garnished with a few cooling toppings, this spicy garden soup made a wonderful lunch for several days.
Spicy Garden Soup
- 2 c. spinach, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno with seeds
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1 c. chopped cucumber (about 1/2 large)
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro (to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 avocado
- Extra garnish: cilantro leaves, avocado, tomato, cucumber, pumpkin seeds
1. Place all except the garnish ingredients in the Vitamix and process until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into bowls and garnish with cilantro leaves, sliced tomatoes, avocado slices, chopped cucumber, and pumpkin seeds.
3. Or store in a mason jar and pour single servings throughout the week.
Yields 4 servings
- How did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
- How do you get more greens in your diet?
- Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill of Real Food Forager
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday hosted by Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda of The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Real Food Wednesdays hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa the Domestic Diva , Amber of The Tasty Alternative, and friends.
- Raw Foods Thursdays here at Gluten-Free Cat
- Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki of Diet, Dessert & Dogs
- Healthy Vegan Friday hosted by Gabby of The Veggie Nook