I’ve been eating kale in smoothies, salads, and snacks for months now. I can’t get enough of it. And you know how much I love Hallie Klecker’s new ebook Crazy for Kale! Her book has really inspired me to combine some favorite flavors to enjoy with this power plant. If you missed my review of Crazy for Kale, you can read it here.
This week I created a simple kale salad that I think you’ll really enjoy. The salad itself just has 3 little ingredients, but the dressing makes it come alive.
Kale Beet Orange Salad with Green Garlic Dressing
- 1 bunch of kale, removed from stem and cut in small pieces
- 4 medium beets, peeled and shredded
- 1-2 oranges, peeled and cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 c. raw cashews
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Prepare salad ingredients. Place kale in a large bow. Set shredded beets and orange pieces aside.
2. Start the dressing by placing the garlic clove and cilantro in a food processor. Process until pieces stick to the sides of the bowl.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add remaining dressing ingredients. Process until creamy.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing over the kale and massage the dressing into the kale leaves by hand.
5. Add shredded beets, orange pieces, and 1/4 cup of additional dressing. Toss to coat.
- Are you in love with kale?
- What’s your favorite kale dish?
This recipe was shared with: Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Raw Foods Thursdays, Wellness Weekends, Healthy Vegan Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, 5-Ingredient Mondays