Welcome to Raw Foods Thursdays! This has been a crazy week for me as it’s my last week of school. Keeping kindergarteners engaged while I close out the school year has had my full attention, but a girl has to eat! Thanks for linking up 25 recipes last week that made my meal planning a snap! Here are some quick highlights just in case you missed them.
Tropical Mango Pie by Janet of the taste space
Orange and Cilantro Slaw by Trish of In Fine Balance
Raw Peanut Noodles by Quincy of Shugurcan
(I’ve made this twice now. The sauce is so delicious!)
Rawsome Nori Wraps by Kimmy of Rock My Vegan Socks
Raw Gogi Energy Bars by Apples and Ginger
Fruit or Veggie Radicchio Wraps by Sheree of Cats in the Kitchen
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.) Feel free to link up recipes that use a slightly higher temperature as long as they could be made at 118 with a longer dry time.
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked or heated above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
- If your recipe contains an ingredient like maple syrup that makes your submission “almost raw”, please share it anyway. Raw sweeteners are easy to substitute.
(And if you haven’t already entered my Monday Lovin’ Gluten-Free Cookbook Giveaway, you still have a few hours to do so. The giveaway ends at midnight tonight!)
This week I’m linking up Raw Vegan Herbed Cheese Crumbles.
What do you have to share this week?