You are probably going to see a lot of smoothies from me this month. While my kitchen is slowly being packed up for the move, I will soon be left with nothing but the Vitamix and a smoothie cup. And there’s no way that the Vitamix is going into a box. It will probably be placed in the backseat of the car at the last minute with Max the Cat…my precious cargo!
I’ve been living on my latest favorite
breakfast lunch dinner meal, The Berry Beet Smoothie.
This smoothie was easy for me to make, because I usually have a container of shredded beets in the fridge. These beets are prepped on the weekend and ready to add to a salad, but why wait until lunch to benefit from the cleansing properties of beets? And beets are so sweet that they combine well with berries in a smoothie to give you a sweet start to your day.
If you don’t have a pre-shredded salad bar in your fridge, just peel and chop up a beet and add it to your next berry smoothie. Wowza!
Beautiful Berry Beet Smoothie
- 1 c. nut milk of your choice (I use homemade almond milk.)
- 1 scoop raw vegan protein powder (I use Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder.) *Optional
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 c. shredded raw beets
- 1 c. berries (I use a frozen Cascadian Farms Organic Mixed Berries from Costco.)
- 1 T. raw almond butter
1. Pour nut milk into the Vitamix or high-speed blender, and add chia seeds and protein powder. Pulse to combine and leave for 5 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gel.
2. Add beets, berries, and almond butter and blend until creamy.
Late breaking news! This smoothie tastes great with chocolate protein powder too!
Other raw beet dishes you might enjoy?
- Kale Beet Orange Salad with Green Garlic Dressing
- Raw Red Velvet Cake
- Carrot Beet Power Juice
- Raw Beet and Carrot Salad
- Raw Sweet Beet Heat Salad
- Red Sunset Juice
- Sunshine Juice
- What’s one kitchen appliance that you can’t live without?
- Have you ever tried raw beets in a smoothie?