Welcome to Raw Foods Thursdays! As the summer temperatures rise I am less drawn to cooked food, and I actually crave raw meals. Whether you’re a regular raw foodie or you’re just ready for summery raw food snacks and meals, welcome! Summer is the perfect time to enjoy raw goodness, because the kitchen stays cool, the meals are light, and bountiful summer produce is delicious, nutritious, and inspirational.
Are you new to raw foods? Are you ready to turn off the oven and keep things cool? Turn to last week’s Raw Foods Thursdays submissions for summersational ideas!
Instead of hot oatmeal, try a soaked oat breakfast or Berries and Vanilla Cream by Stephanie of Good Girl Gone Green.
Swap your heavy sandwich for some yogurt. Vegan yogurt with 3 simple ingredients like this Sunshine ‘Yoghurt’ by Almost Skinny Vegan Food.
Chillin’ by the pool? No need for a sugary lemon lime soda when you could be sipping on Raia’s Lemon-Lime Cooler.
If you’re having fun in the sun, you’d better be slathered in this Shea Cocoa Avocado Oil Body Butter by Amber of The Tasty Alternative.
And you must get your greens for dinner, right? How about Davida’s Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie at The Healthy Maven?
Now for a couple of super cool raw desserts.
Try this Raw Strawberry Cream Pie from Kathy’s Kitchen, Health, and Nutrition.
Or this Strawberry White Chocolate Ice Cream Cake by Apples And Ginger.
Okay, I’m fully aware that I’ve over highlighted and over shared. But how can you just choose two or three when such delicious rawness exists? Go check them out!
This week I’m submissing these Raw Chewy Oat Apple Cookies.
What do you have to share this week?
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.) Feel free to link up recipes that use a slightly higher temperature as long as they could be made at 118 with a longer dry time.
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked or heated above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
- If your recipe contains an ingredient like maple syrup that makes your submission “almost raw”, please share it anyway. Raw sweeteners are easy to substitute.
(And if you haven’t already entered Monday Lovin’ Gluten-Free Cookbook Giveaway #4, you still have a few hours to do so. The giveaway ends at midnight tonight! I also have a NON-RAW giveaway of Gather: The Art of Paleo Entertaining going on for my paleo friends. Contest ends on Saturday.)