GF Recipes, Raw Foods, Vegan

Cashew Fig Cream Stuffed Strawberries

15 Comments 10 July 2013

Cashew Fig Cream Stuffed Strawberries

Yesterday I promised that I’d share a few more of our Raw Foods Potluck recipes. Let’s start with dessert!

These gorgeous stuffed strawberries finalized our last Raw Foods Potluck with a simple, light, sweet bite. After such a feast, who had room for more than that? These little babies were based on an idea from Virtually Vegan Mama. You can find her original recipe here.

These Cashew Fig Cream Stuffed Strawberries were made by a mother/daughter team who were new to our gathering. (How cool is it that a 13-year-old girl wanted to come to a Raw Foods Potluck with her mom?) I’m so proud of them for bringing such a winner!

Cashew Fig Cream Stuffed Strawberries

by Julie and Kyra (adapted from Virtually Vegan Mama)

• 1 c. raw cashews, soaked in cold water for 4 hours
  • 1 c. dried figs (any dried fruit would probably work)
  • 1 T vanilla
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • Almond milk for thinning
  • 1 pound of fresh strawberries, washed and dried
  • 1 pint of fresh blueberries, washed and dried

Directions for the Fig Cream:

Soak cashews and figs separately in cold water for about 4 hours. After soaking, drain the cashews and figs, then combine in a blender with vanilla and cinnamon. Blend at high speed until smooth, adding the almond milk as needed. Chill the cream in the refrigerator.

Directions for assembling:

Remove the bottom 3rd of the strawberry and scoop out the inside. Fill a ziplock bag with the cream, then cut one corner off the bag. Squeeze the cream into the strawberry and top with a blueberry.  Chill until ready to serve.

These were really delicious. Not too sweet, but a perfect ending to a delightful meal. It definitely has my wheels spinning. What else could you stuff in a strawberry? Chocolate Almond Butter? Cashew Cacao Cream? Walnut Maple Butter? Date Paste?

• Have you ever stuffed a strawberry?
  • What filling sounds good to you?

1. I love the idea of substituting figs in this recipe! looks scrumptious =)

xo

Jen

Jen, thanks for the inspiration!! I am so glad that Julie brought these to the potluck for many reasons, but one is that it introduced me to your blog!

2. Amber says:

Hi Heather,

Well, leave it to the queen of raw to stuff Strawberries. I’ve never seen a strawberry stuffed with anything. SO clever! I love it. And I can imagine how wonderful these are. They sounds like the perfect combination of sweet and tart. Love!

Amber, I wish it had been my brilliant idea! Thanks to Jen and Julie I am the happy recipient of such a recipe. :) (I do like the queen of raw designation…careful, it could go to my head!) Ha!

3. Hah. I’m catching up on blog posts… this was one of the recipes I wanted from the previous post though. Awesome! Can’t wait to try it out (maybe this weekend!). And I love that a 13-yr old went to the potluck! Wish I could kick my 13-yr old butt into eating healthier ;p

Kimmy, good!! I’m so glad! I can’t even imagine eating this cleanly as a 13 year old. I think gummy bears and diet coke were my idea of a treat back then!

4. Fig cream? Sold! I may have to make these for my next book club meeting. Better yet, you’re inspiring me to start up a raw foods potluck in my neck of the woods. Now I just have to find some raw foodie friends…;-)

Lee, we started with THREE people. And for over a year it was just the three of us. Only recently did it start growing. You just have to find a few friends who are adventurous enough to come and have them bring a salad. :) Good luck!

5. OMG – figs, cashew creme,cinnamon…blueberries AND strawberries – YUM!

I made my first RAW pie! A cherry pie non the less (based on the recipe you recently sent out, but kinda went freestyle – I bet it would have been even better if I had followed the recipe…). Loved it though – the start of a new love affair with raw pies!

6. Linda says:

Heather, I’ve never had stuffed strawberries, but I love this idea. You might have to make some when we’re together in August. :)

7. Love the idea of using figs in a cashew cream instead of dates! And I have so many of them! Thank you for the inspiration!

8. What a super fun idea. A delicious treat with none of the guilt!

9. Oh Heather, these look YUMMY!! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

Hope your week is great!

Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

I'm a curious girl, wife, teacher, fitness fanatic, gluten-free foodie, high-raw vegan, and Mama Cat living in NYC. I've made the transition from baking and cooking gluten-free to creating raw vegan recipes that are naturally gluten free. My gluten intolerance opened up my diet to a whole new world of nutritious plant-based foods. While I'm not 100% vegan, it's my favorite way to eat, and making and sharing raw foods makes me giddy. Living in the City has its joys and challenges, and I enjoy sharing my experiences with you.

© 2017 Gluten-Free Cat. Powered by Wordpress.