I haven’t baked in a very long time. And apparently I’ve been craving banana bread, because I have another banana bread recipe to share with you. I shared my Banana Bread Bites a few months back at The Balanced Platter. If you haven’t checked out these little raw cookies, please do!
I also loved that she used cucumber to cleanse and hydrate. So my next smoothie just had to include cucumber. After adding a few more hydrating ingredients, it strangely tasted like a slice of banana bread. Happy surprise!
Banana Bread Smoothie
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 c. cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein.)
1. Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender.
2. Blend until creamy and serve.
Yields 4 cups (two smaller serving or one lean, mean power smoothie for one)
- What new ingredient have you tried in a smoothie?
- What happy surprises have you discovered recently?
- Do you have a hydration tip to share?