Today I’m giving you another Raw Foods Potluck recipe. Diane has agreed to share her salad with us, and I’m calling it Picnic Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing. This would be a perfect salad to bring to a picnic, a potluck, or to pack it for lunch on the go.
Diane is a talented raw foods chef who studied at Living Light Culinary Institute. So she has many tricks up her sleeve that she’s always willing to share. But she also has a gift for creating tantalizing dressings. This dressing is a version of her Sweet Cilantro Honey Dressing that I shared here (not vegan).
Picnic Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- Mixed greens
- Purple cabbage
- Sunflower seeds
- 1 c packed cilantro
- 1 c olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs honey (or agave for vegans)
- 4 cloves garlic
1. Assemble as many salad ingredients as you wish by layering spinach, greens, cabbage, tomatoes, and sunflower seeds.
2. Blend all dressing ingredients in a Vitamix or high speed blender until creamy.
3. Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.
Serves as many as you wish
- What is your favorite homemade dressing?
- What healthy dish would you bring to picnic?