I first learned to make chia pudding from Gena of Choosing Raw. I don’t make it often, but I do eat chia seeds almost every day. They are great for pre-breakfast workouts. I put a spoonful of chia seeds in almond milk with a little protein powder, chug it down, and I’m out the door. That gets me through a spin class or a run. Chia seeds are also great for adding to your daily smoothies or morning cereals.
Since I’m a smoothie-for-breakfast kind of girl I rarely make chia pudding. Lately I’ve been straying from smoothies in the morning, because I’m so nervous about waking up the neighbors with the Vitamix! So I’ve been having green smoothies for lunch instead. Hopefully the newness of the building and my hypersensitivity will lessen soon as I realize that we all need to live our lives.
The Vitamix is ridiculously loud though. (Right, Brittney?)
So I’ve had fun playing with the quiet chia pudding process and found one that you might like.
Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 3/4 c. almond milk
- 1 T. raw cacao powder
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 tsp. raw cacao nibs
- Optional – stevia to taste
1. Place all ingredients except cacao nibs in a bowl and mix together. Let it rest for a few minutes and then stir it up again. Continue stirring every 5 minutes or so for about 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle with cacao nibs.
3. Eat immediately or leave in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
- GF Hot Cereal Combo
- tRAWpical oat breakfast RAW
- Chia Peach Jam RAW
- Beautiful Berry Beet Smoothie RAW
- Watermelon Peach Chia Smoothie RAW
- Banana Bread Protein Bites RAW
- Raw Energy Gel RAW
- Pomegranate Chia Fresca RAW