I love this smoothie. I’ve been making it all week. I’ve made this smoothie or one very similar to it a zillion times before, but I was inspired by several blogger friends to try adding citrus. The juice of a half lemon turned my ho-hum smoothie into a wowza, party in my mouth, kind of smoothie!
Give it a try and let me know what you think. Even if you don’t try this recipe, add the juice of a half lemon or lime to your next smoothie and get ready for liftoff!
And this smoothie also incorporates a half avocado which makes it feel more like a custard or pudding than a smoothie. There will be no straws in this smoothie. Spoons only!
Lemony Mango Avocado Custard Smoothie, Raw Vegan
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1 c. frozen mango
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 dates
1. Pour almond milk into the Vitamix or high-speed blender and add protein powder. Pulse to combine and drop 2 dates into the blender. Allow the dates to soften for a few minutes while you gather the other ingredients or put away last night’s dinner dishes. Oops.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
Here are a few other lemony delights from some inspirational friends:
- Cocochew Smoothie by Kimmy of Rock My Vegan Socks
- Apple Arugula Smoothie by Apples & Ginger
- Ellie’s Lemon Lime Smoothie by Practical Stewardship
- Have you ever added lemon to your smoothies?
- How about avocado?
This recipe was shared at Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, 5-Ingredient Mondays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Raw Foods Thursdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Wellness Weekends, and Gluten-Free Friday.