Welcome to Raw Foods Thursdays! Whether you are a regular participant or you’re just stopping by for a raw idea or two, you’ve come to the right place! This is a community that encourages plant-based eating and provides links to recipes created by raw foods newbies, dabblers, experts, and everything else in between. If you’re interested in raw foods, I’m glad you’re here!
This week I’ve been a dabbler. I currently have three different experiments in the dehydrator. I’m on batch #2 of gogi granola as batch #1 was inedible. I’m also trying to make some Italian flax crackers! And when I realized how much zucchini I had, I decided to make raw zucchini curly fries. Lots of raw fun going on in this baby raw foods kitchen!
I’ve also been a diner. We went to Blossom to celebrate a very special anniversary, and we started the meal with Living Nachos.
This is definitely when I decided that I needed to learn how to make flax crackers.
Last week your submissions were inspiring from breakfast ideas like overnight oats and smoothies to salads, snacks, zucchini pasta, and desserts. Thanks so much for participating! I am highlighting the raw desserts that were shared last week, so prepare to be amazed (and to choose your next sweet recipe to try)!
Note: Eggs are used in this recipe, but I think you could use flax eggs for a vegan version.
This week I’m linking up my Raw Carrot Sandwich Bread.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
Sharing the Raw Love:
- All raw submissions will be pinned on the Raw Foods Thursdays Board.
- All raw submissions will be shared on Facebook.
- Feel free to share this event in your social media communities as well!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.) Feel free to link up recipes that use a slightly higher temperature as long as they could be made at 118 with a longer dry time.
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked or heated above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
- If your recipe contains an ingredient like maple syrup that makes your submission “almost raw”, please share it anyway. Raw sweeteners are easy to substitute.
Now what do you have to share?