Is it really Thursday already? Like many American friends, enjoying the long weekend due to Labor Day has made this week whizz by. But that didn’t stop me from thoroughly enjoying your submissions to Raw Foods Thursdays last week. In fact, it gave me more time to do so.
Every week I make a list of your recipes that I want to try, and I’m lucky if I get to one or two. But over the long weekend I actually got to several of them! So this week I’m sharing the entries that I made, tasted, and will certainly be making again.
This Basil Pesto by Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes was at the top of my list because I had a bag of basil that was screaming to be used. I did add a little salt and nutritional yeast for some cheesiness. I have been craving cheese lately.
If you haven’t heard of Sanctuary Bistro yet, it’s a new vegan restaurant in the East Bay that will open later this year. (Yes, I’m very sad to be on the opposite coast, but many of you will benefit!) They are on the homestretch of their Kickstarter Campaign to fund the restaurant, so if you’re interested in supporting them in any way, check out their campaign page.
Thanks to Sandi, Jennifer, and some amazing raw cheese by Valerie of City|Life|Eats, I used the leftovers from each of their creations to make these cute little appetizers with the zucchini, marinara, pesto, and Vegan Smoked Paprika Cheese. Delish!
Lastly, I made these Fruity Overnight Oats by The Womble. I am loving her creative overnight oats recipes. You may have seen a few of her other recipes here over the last few weeks, because she is on #9 of this delicious breakfast series.
I had so much fun making your recipes that I didn’t have a chance to post one of my own! So I’m linking up an oldie. As always, feel free to do the same!
Here’s how you can participate:
- Simply link up a raw foods recipe (see What is Raw Food?), mention Raw Foods Thursdays, and link back to this post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Please link to the recipe, not to a blog’s home page, so we can all find your raw foods recipe.
- You may link up a recipe that you’ve made in the past. Just make sure to share something different each time you participate.
- Be sure to leave a comment letting us know who you are and what you’re sharing.
- Feel free to use the Raw Foods Thursdays blog badge created by the lovely, talented Heather Peters!
Sharing the Raw Love:
- All raw submissions will be pinned on the Raw Foods Thursdays Board.
- All raw submissions will be shared on Facebook.
- Feel free to share this event in your social media communities as well!
What are Raw Foods Meals?
- Plant-based meals that are not cooked. Dehydrators may be used. (The raw foods community has differing views on temperature, but the range is between 104 and 118 degrees.) Feel free to link up recipes that use a slightly higher temperature as long as they could be made at 118 with a longer dry time.
- Raw Ingredients: vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, gluten-free sprouted grains, beans, and oils.
What isn’t raw?
- Anything cooked or heated above 118.
- Anything processed. If it comes from a can or a package that lists more than one ingredient, chances are it’s not raw!
- If your recipe contains an ingredient like maple syrup that makes your submission “almost raw”, please share it anyway. Raw sweeteners are easy to substitute.
Now what do you have to share?