It’s Love Week! And I’m starting each day with a gift of love. Love Smoothies! I have two Love Smoothies to share this week that are a bit nontraditional. In fact, neither of them are chocolatey. I’ve been eating very clean meals after my Juicing Challenge, and I’m not ready for chocolate just yet. So this just might be a chocolate-less Valentine’s Day for me. We’ll see. I still have three days to change my mind.
We started Love Week by visiting this iconic New York sculpture.
Love your green smoothies? Me too! But this Valentine’s Day it’s time to try another green, one that won’t turn your red smoothies into that nasty muddy sludge when you mix them with red berries. Beet greens aren’t just pretty with their green leaves and red stems, they’re also quite tasty in a smoothie. Less bitter than kale, they’re a nice alternative to spinach and romaine.
This Can’t Beet Love Smoothie is also great when you buy beets and have a plethora of greens. Greens are quite perishable, not lasting more than a few days in the refrigerator. So blend them up before you lose all of those nutrients!
This smoothie provides double the love from goji berries.
You can soak them for 10 minutes while you wash and chop your beet greens. Then drain and toss them in the Vitamix with the rest of the ingredients.
Give yourself a Love Gift this week and start your day like this.
Can’t Beet Love Goji Berry Smoothie
- 1 c. almond milk (Try this homemade milk!)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 c. goji berries
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 5 beet greens with stems
- 1 c. raspberries
- 1-2 inches of ginger, peeled
- *6 drops of stevia (optional)
- *1/4 tsp. vanilla (if not using a vanilla protein powder)
1. Pour almond milk, protein powder, goji berries, and chia seeds into Vitamix or high powered blender. Pulse once to mix and let it sit for 10 minutes to soften the gogi berries and allow the chia seeds to gel.
2. Add beet greens, raspberries, ginger, and optional stevia and vanilla.
3. Blend until creamy
- How are you taking care of yourself during Love Week?
- Have you ever tried beet greens in a smoothie?
- What are your favorite smoothie greens?
This recipe was shared at Minimal Ingredient Mondays, Vegan Mondays, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, Raw Food Thursdays, Gluten-Free Fridays, Wellness Weekends, and Healthy Vegan Fridays.