GF Product Reviews, Healthy Living, New York City, Raw Foods, Vegan

Juice Generation: Day 30!

18 Comments 02 February 2014

Juice Generation: Day 30!

Day 30 of my New Year’s Juicing Challenge is finally here! While breezing around the City running errands, I hit an energy lull. A serious energy lull. But I still had one more stop and 6 more blocks to haul my bags of groceries. While I was telling myself just to power through, I literally looked up, saw this storefront, and thanked the Lord.

IMG_4512

Inside I found bottles of cold pressed juices.

IMG_4504

In all sorts of delicious combinations.

IMG_4505

And a juice bar!

IMG_4506

Do you think that produce rack would fit in my NYC kitchen? Of course my eyes immediately scanned the Fresh Juices menu to find exactly what I needed…PURE ENERGY.

IMG_4511

But they also have:

• Smoothies
  • Acai Bowls
  • Shots and Boosts
  • Raw Foods
  • Vegan Soups
  • Baked Goods

For a 20-ounce juice I paid just under $10.00. I thought that was a little steep, but I reminded myself that I live in a City where someone will make juice for me at precisely the place and time that I need it.

IMG_4513

Cheers to Juice Generation and cheers to my final day!

• Have you been to Juice Generation?
  • How do you replenish your energy when you’re on the go?

Juice_Badge

1. cheryl says:

Love the juice pic with the cat ears in the background.

2. Betsy says:

Well that settles it, my husband must get a job in NYC! I wish I could find someplace where I could pop in and get juice. I don’t really think $10 is bad for 20 ozs. I pay $8 for shipped in 12 oz juices for those days when I just can’t get it done.

Congratulations on your 30 days!!

Betsy, thanks for the perspective on the price, but I nearly choked at the cash register. I have to remember all the goodness that’s packed into those 20 ounces. :)

3. Providence indeed! So happy you didn’t have to try to power through! ;-)

xo,

4. Emma says:

You did it! Congratulations Heather, and hurrah for Juice Generation :D

5. Erin S says:

Congrats on day 30! I’m very inspired by your dedication. I’ve never done an extended juice cleanse and wonder how you go about the process of reintroducing food goes? Will you be posting about that? I’ve always been curious!

Erin, thank you! Yes, I do plan on doing a post post (ha!). I’ve just been spending so much time in the kitchen making all the things that caught my eye on blogs during my 30 days! Hopefully soon.

6. Dana Kittle says:

God is good :-)

Thanks, Kimmy! I’m so glad that it’s over, but it really wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I’m just ready for the wide world of foods again!

7. Ttrockwood says:

Their “hale to the kale” (with extra ginger please!) is my favorite juice there, and in the winter their vegan soups are pretty good.

8. I can’t believe you made it through 30 days! Are you sick of juice yet?? :P
    Btw, I heard Juice Generation has a cookbook. Have you seen it?

Janet, I am not sick of juice at all! In fact, I’m juicing when I come home from work…but just ONE glass. Quick and easy. I must look into the Juice Generation cookbook! Thanks for the tip!!