I think chocolate and avocado go together almost as well as chocolate and peanut butter. The avocado taste is virtually undetectable, and it makes such a creamy pudding without having to use dairy. If you’re one of those who detests the taste of avocado, and you insist that you can taste it in chocolate desserts, then you might want to try this pudding before you swear off all avocado desserts. Turn it into a monkey pudding by adding a banana.
And add a few toppers.
Creamy, chocolatey goodness.
Chocolate Avocado Monkey Pudding
(Raw, Vegan, GF)
Adapted from treehugger
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1/3 c. agave or maple syrup
- 3 dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and chopped
- 1/2 c. cacao powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. almond milk
1. Place all ingredients in the food processor and process until creamy for about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides after one minute.
2. Spoon into 4 dessert bowls.
3. Garnish with banana slices, berries, or chocolate chips.
- How do you feel about avocado and chocolate?
- What are your favorite chocolate combinations?