Where is Spring? There has been a lot of complaining about this winter. A lot. When New Yorkers hear that this is my first winter in the City, they make sure that I know that this has been the hardest winter in years. “You picked the worst year to come,” they encourage. “The winters are not always like this.”
But I haven’t complained one bit. Well, I haven’t complained much. I did complain that school wasn’t canceled on the days that it snowed between 8 and 12 inches, but even on those days it was kind of exciting to strap on winter boots and tromp through the snow to work. In general, I have loved this winter. This Southern girl loves the snow! And dealing with the cold hasn’t been too terrible either. While this is a walking community, ducking into warm places like shops, train stations, or cabs means you really don’t have to be out in the cold for too long.
Plus, I think I finally figured out the whole layering clothing concept.
But March is coming to an end, and Spring just has to be around the corner, right? If not, I just may need a visit to a tropical island.
Spring Fever Zucchini Smoothie
- 1 c. nut milk
- 2 T. Quinoa Flakes
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Growing Naturals Organic Rice Protein Vanilla Blast)
- 1 c. chopped zucchini (about 1 small zucchini)
- 1/2 orange (peeled, 1 tsp zest reserved)
- 1 c. mango
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
2. Add remaining ingredients to the Vitamix and blend until creamy.
3. Pour and sprinkle with orange zest.
Another favorite zucchini smoothie:
- Has spring sprung for you?
- What are some of your favorite tropical fruits?