I’ve always wanted to try making a cauliflower crust pizza. Imagine my delight when my mom told me that she had a cauliflower crust recipe that she’s been wanting to try too! It wasn’t a vegan recipe, so we did a little research and decided to veganize it.
We riced 3 cups of cauliflower in the food processor. (I’m in love with my mom’s new Cuisinart Food Processor! It’s so quiet and smooth! Now if my old one would just die, maybe… I’ll have to start increasing my nut butter production.)
We hand mixed the riced cauliflower with almond flour, flax eggs, fresh rosemary, and salt. Then we added the magic ingredient. To make a cheesier crust, we added a bit of Valerie’s Scallion Cashew Vegan Cheese.
We could have made one large pizza, but we split the batter into two dough balls and each made our own pizzas. This is half of the dough.
It’s about the size of a small pizza. Make sure you use parchment paper on your baking sheet, because this crust will not be a doughy, hold-in-your-hand pizza crust. But don’t worry, it’s delicious and worth eating it with a fork.
We cooked the crust for about 35 minutes and then added the toppings. I began by spreading Valerie’s Scallion Cashew Vegan Cheese over the surface and topped it with pizza sauce, veggies, and olives.
We baked it for a few more minutes until the toppings were hot. I was glad that we opted to make personal pizzas to eat with a fork. Slicing into traditional pizza slices might have made a mess of our gorgeous pizzas.
This pizza is DELICIOUS! Definitely be prepared to eat it with a fork, and I promise that you won’t want to put that fork down. It may be because of the extra cheesy pizza crust. It may be that it was slathered in Valerie’s Scallion Cashew Vegan Cheese. Regardless, this is an amazing pizza that is vegan and 100% grain free!
Cheesy Vegan Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Adapted from Modest Wanderer
- 3 c. cauliflower, rice
- ¾ c. almond flour
- 1 T. rosemary
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. cashew cheese (I use Valerie’s Scallion Cashew Vegan Cheese.)
- 3 flax “eggs” (3 T. flaxmeal and 9 T. water)
1. Make flax eggs by mixing 3 tablespoons of flaxmeal with 9 tablespoons of water. Set it aside while you are ricing the cauliflower.
2. Rice the cauliflower in the food processormaking sure to pulse until it looks like rice.
3. Scrape cauliflower rice into a large bowl and mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand, including the flax eggs. Roll into a dough ball.
4. Spread the dough ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet by hand until it’s about ½ inch thick into desired shape.
5. Bake the crust at 400 for 33-35 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Add desired toppings.
7. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until toppings are cooked.
Makes 2 small pizzas or 1 large
- Have you ever tried making cauliflower pizza?
- What vegan cheese do you like on your pizza?